Saturday, December 16, 2006

I remember Lex Luthor had some balls


I watched Superman Returns last night. I had heard a lot of great reviews from co-workers...of course there are a lot of different tastes in the pit (call center). It is hard for me to say this...but I couldn't even finish the movie. I was really tired...but still...it comes down to this: it had no soul. it was full of beautiful cg work; really beautiful. The cast wasn't there; Clark Kent (i don't care what his name is) was a shell of Chris Reeves. He had a solid impression, but he didn't exude the internal strife, anger, that Reeves previously showed. Kevin Spacey, a reputable bad guy in several films (Seven), wasn't a bad guy at all; Just some silly hair piece jokes. I didn't care for the story, it was shapeless and boring. I had a similar problem with Spiderman 2; all the story blather about aunt may made me want to rewrite a scene where she almost dies, to a scene in which she did die (picture a long fall onto a spike). I give Superman Returns a 2 out of 5 stars for not focusing on the character development more. The special effects were spot-on but bad writing and poor character choices pulled it under.

1 comment:

Ron said...

I remember when you had some balls! Where are the new fucking posts?